My new work SALT, for cellist Maya Beiser and vocalist Helga Davis, with text by Erin Cressida-Wilson, premiered last week at the 30th annual BAM Next Wave Festival. SALT is a retelling of the story of Lot’s Wife, and, along with works by Eve Beglarian and Michael Gordon, is part of Elsewhere, a CelloOpera conceived by Maya and director Robert Woodruff. Read the New York Times review HERE! And the New York Post review HERE!
- May 30, 2015: Robert Simonds performs "Dissolve, O my Heart" – Washington, DC
- June 30, 2015: "Isabelle Eberhardt Dreams of Pianos" at Hackney Classical – London, UK
- August 1, 2015: Violinist Robert Simonds performs at Cabrillo Festival donors concert – Santa Cruz, CA
- August 15, 2015: West Coast Premiere of "River Rouge Transfiguration" at the Cabrillo Festival – Santa Cruz, CA
- October 8-11 2015: West Coast Premiere of "Song From the Uproar" – Los Angeles, CA